Osprey controlled expansion alloy products
Sandvik provides lightweight, high modulus products made from controlled expansion alloys (CE alloys). Osprey CE alloy products are manufactured according to custom design in the form of, for example, thermal management products and electronic packaging modules as well as structural products for optical systems, electronics assembly and semiconductor processing equipment.
Many advantages over other materials
Osprey controlled expansion (CE) alloys offer many advantages compared to most competitive materials in terms of, for example:
- coefficient of thermal expansion
- thermal conductivity
- specific stiffness
Controlled expansion (CE) alloys are lighter than competitive materials and have controlled expansion coefficients at any preselected value in the range 5 to 17 ppm/°C.
Find out more about the benefits of using controlled expansion (CE) alloys
Main characteristics of Osprey controlled expansion (CE) alloys
- Controlled thermal expansivity (5-17 ppm/°C)
- Low density (< 2.5 gm/cc)
- High thermal conductivity (120-180 W/m K)
- High specific stiffness (39 to 54 x103 Nm/g)
- CE alloys are machinable, plateable and weldable
* Kovar is a trademark of Carpenter Technology Corporation.