Sandvik 253 MA* is an austenitic chromium-nickel steel alloyed with nitrogen and rare earth metals. The grade is characterized by:
- High creep strength
- Very good resistance to isothermal and, above all, cyclic oxidation
- Very good resistance to combustion gases
- Good structural stability at high temperatures
- Good weldability
- The grade can be used at temperatures up to about 1150°C (2100°F)
Trademark information: 253 MA is a trademark owned by Outokumpu OY.
Suitable for the production of flanges etc. according to ASTM A182 grade F45.
Status according to EN 10 204 3.1
Chemical composition (nominal)
Others: N=0.17 Ce=0.05*
* To cerium should be added the quantity of other rare earth metals, since the the additive takes the form of misch metal containing about 50% Ce.
Forms of supply
Sizes and tolerances
Round-cornered square, as well as round billets, are produced in a wide range of sizes according to the following tables. Larger sizes offered on request.
Unground, spot ground or fully ground condition.
Peel turned or black condition.
|80||+/-2||4 - 6.3|
|100, 114, 126, 140, 150||+/-3||4 - 6.3|
|160, 180, 195, 200||+/-4||4 - 6.3|
|>200 - 350||+/-5||3 - 5.3|
Sizes and tolerances apply to the rolled/forged condition.
|75 - 200 (5 mm interval)||+/-1||max 10|
|>200 - 450||+/-3||3 - 8|
|77 - 112 (5 mm interval)||+/-2||max 10|
|124, 134||+/-2||max 10|
|127, 147, 157||+/-2||max 10|
|142, 152, 163||+/-2||max 10|
|168, 178, 188||+/-2||max 10|
|183, 193||+/-2||max 10|
- Seamless tube and pipe
* 253 MA is a trademark owned by Outokumpu OY.
- Hollow bars