Associate New Product Engineer
Sandvik Materials Technology located in Palm Coast in, Palm Coast, FL is looking for an Associate New Product Engineer
Sandvik Palm Coast is a leading manufacturer of medical fine wire and components to the medical device industry. As part of the Sandvik Materials Technology organization, we offer a world of opportunities within our diverse businesses and cross-border networks to enable you to explore your potential and thrive in our company.
Sandvik is a high-tech and global engineering group offering advanced products and services that enhance customer productivity, profitability, and safety. We hold world-leading positions in selected areas – tools for metal cutting, equipment and tools for the mining and construction industries, stainless materials, special alloys, metallic and ceramic resistance materials as well as process systems.
We strive for a culture that realizes the full potential of all our employees. We are seeking an Associate New Product Development Engineer for our manufacturing facility. The Associate New Product Development Engineer will work with production, quality, planning, and other engineers to provide technical leadership and support to develop new products and to transition existing products to production, while maintaining the high safety and quality standards that have been established.
Key Performance Areas: As an Associate New Product Development Engineer, you will work as a member of the New Product Development team to identify and develop new processes and technologies needed to bring new products to market. You will also be responsible for optimizing and updating current processes for cost savings as well as gains in efficiency, capability, reliability, and safety at our manufacturing unit as they transition to production.
This is a hands-on position that will interact and work with members of operations, marketing, sales, finance, and quality as needed. Responsibilities span the entire product and process development continuum from idea generation through commercialization.
Additional Duties Include:
- Process Development: develop and test reliable, effective, and efficient processes to support business needs. Identify and implement improved processes where needed.
- Process Commercialization: Transfer new processes and technologies from the laboratory/bench/pilot scale to full production. Work with operators to understand the nuances of processes and develop standard operating procedures.
- Process Analysis: Gather and analyze data to characterize current approved engineering processes and quantify potential process improvements. Compile data, document work, and prepare reports for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Project Management: Coordinate and plan to ensure products meet quality specifications and on-time delivery.
- Technical Support & Troubleshooting: Work to develop expertise with currently employed equipment and processes to serve as an additional resource for technical support and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with developing new products
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse group
- Ability to manage multiple complex priorities and prioritize them accordingly
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive products from lab scale to production
- Persistent and willing to find solutions
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of health, dental and disability insurance, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to apply
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/careers to Associate New Product Development Engineer position in Palm Coast, FL, Job Req. ID# R0022919
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRSMT.US@sandvik.com Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline Not set