Live demonstration by Sandvik and Arc Specialties together at FABTECH, Atlanta
This year Sandvik Materials Technology and Arc Specialties Inc. make a co-operative effort at FABTECH 2014 showcasing Sanicro™ 60 welding wire operating ARC Specialties welding systems.
Sandvik Materials Technology will be in booth C1213 and ARC Specialties in booth 1308.
Sandvik will display its extensive program of welding consumables for advanced stainless steels and special alloys developed to withstand the most demanding applications.
Some news from Sandvik during 2014
- Sandvik 25.10.4.L super-duplex strip electrode is a unique product in the market with which end users can sustain a higher quality of welds with better repeatability, in less total time and at higher temperatures compared to standard materials. The overall result is more efficient and cost-effective welding processes in aggressive environments such as warm chlorinated seawater and acidic, chloride-containing media up to temperatures of 300˚C (572˚F).
- AquaSan Ni50 underwater electrode developed specifically for in situ underwater welding and offers new possibilities for significantly more cost-effective maintenance work on e.g. ocean vessels, offshore platforms and submerged equipment in nuclear plants. AquaSan Ni50 is specified for welding base materials with a Carbon Equivalent >0.40 and depth up to 50 ft (15 m).
- Sanicro – a complete program of superior nickel based welding wire, specifically developed to meet the needs of vessel fabricators. Sanicro grades offer high tensile strengths, high yield strengths, good ductility, and uniform elongation. Controlled iron content provides superior corrosion resistance and meets increasing market demand for maximum 0.5% iron in wire chemistry.
Johan Löthman and Anders Wallero, Sandvik Materials Technology, Sandviken, Sweden will participate Thursday 10.30 a.m. in Session 14: Advances in Weld Overlays and Hardfacing. Topic is Super-Duplex Stainless Steel Overlays Using EQ2594 Strip Metal in Electro-Slag Welding, Properties and Performance.
ARC Specialties exhibiting two welding systems at Fabtech 2014
- The ARC-05PL Compact Bore Cladding System exhibits live arc cladding demos on an ID with Inconel 625 in Booth C1308. This system packs all the power and functionality of the ARC-05P+ into a new compact, cost-effective design that perfectly fits cladding applications on components up to a diameter of 40 in. (1.02 m) and 5,000 lb (2268 kg). As the lighter version ARC-05P+, the system retains all the features the ARC-05P+ is renowned for such a simple operation, cutting-edge controls, high quality precision, comprehensive data logging, and robust dependability.
- The Continuous GMAW Robot Welding Cell exhibits live MIG welding demos of racetrack welding with Inconel 625. This demo was built specially for FABTECH 2014, so visitors are encouraged to stop by the ARC Specialties Booth, C1308, to view welding from this highly precise robotic system.
Technical experts from Sandvik and ARC Specialties will be on the stands throughout the exhibition and available for questions or to offer advice.
Sandvik Materials Technology
Sandvik Materials Technology is a world-leading developer and manufacturer of products in advanced stainless steels and special alloys for the most demanding environments, as well as products and systems for industrial heating.
Sandvik controls the entire steel making process – from the melt to finished product. This is why all Sandvik products are characterized by chemical composition within close tolerances, mechanical control and consistency between heats and batches.
For more info contact Clemente Tallarico, Global Product Manager Welding, firstname.lastname@example.org or + 41 79 307 02 06
ARC Specialties provides the design of one-of-a-kind machinery that requires experience and knowledge. From the original customer specifications to delivery and setup of a custom system, ARC Specialties works to achieve excellent products that meet and exceed customer needs. Experience includes metal welding and cutting applications, material handling, pick-and-place machinery and test equipment.
Since 1983, ARC Specialties has designed machinery that transforms customers' manufacturing process into high-quality, high-production and high-profit operations.
ARC Specialties, Inc.