Lab testing of corrosion, NDT, creep, mechanical and fatigue
Analyzing the material after an equipment failure can provide useful information about what conditions the material has been exposed to and what caused the failure. Our material testing is comparable to a forensic investigation at a crime scene - it can give you important clues to what has happened and hopefully also find the perpetrator.
We have one of the world's largest research and testing facilities for stainless steels, located in Sandviken, Sweden, including the following services:
- Non-destructive testing (NDT)
- Mechanical testing
- Fatigue testing
- High temperature creep testing
Way of working
The analysis process varies from case to case, but a common procedure is:
- You send a material sample to us
- Material experts at one of our labs conduct a visual inspection
- Creation of test and analysis programs
- Sample preparation (cutting, machining, etc.)
- Material identification (PMI-testing, material certification and specification validation)
- Execution of a project specific analysis program, normally including advanced microscopy technology such as SEM.
- Assessment of results by a group of material experts
- You receive a technical report explaining why the material failed and recommended actions to prevent future material failures.