Thermal spray wire
Sandvik’s welding consumables acquired by ESAB
Sandvik’s welding consumables business has been acquired by ESAB from February 1, 2018. Over the coming months ESAB will be integrating the Sandvik portfolio, to provide a smooth transition for customers. During the integration period, the full line of Sandvik welding products will continue to be accessible on this website, or via the ESAB website.
Thermal spray wire in a wide range of alloys for high-temperature corrosion protection, bonding layers, build-up coating and sealing.
Our spray wire alloys
|Grade||Type of alloy||Bond coating||Protective coating||Build-up coating|
|Kanthal SW 010||FeCrAl||-|
|Kanthal SW 030||FeCrAl||-|
|Kanthal SW 100||FeCrAlY||-|
|Kanthal SW 200||NiCr||-||-|
|Kanthal SW 210||NiCrFe||-||-|
|Kanthal SW 230||NiCrFe||-||-|
|Kanthal SW 806||NiAl|
|Kanthal SW 782||NiFe||-||-|
|Kanthal SW 821||CuNi||-|| 1)
1) In particular in marine and chemical applications
Forms of supply
Standard sizes are 1.20, 1.60 and 2.00 mm (0.0472, 0.0693 and 0.0787 inch). Other sizes can be offered on request. The standard delivery form is tight wound on SD 300K spools.
Kanthal thermal spraying wire is used in a variety of applications, such as:
- High-temperature oxidation protection used, for example, to resist gases in boiler atmospheres
- Coatings to resist heat and prevent scaling of conventional low alloy steels
- Bond coats for improving the adhesion of top coatings
- Coatings on moulds in the glass industry