Sandvik Materials Technology located in Clarks Summit, PA is looking for a
If you are a results-oriented, team player with strong trouble-shooting and maintenance skills who is willing to pursue certification to the PA Journeyman program, Sandvik Materials Technology wants to hear from you!
Sandvik Materials Technology is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a world-leading manufacturer of high value-added products in advanced stainless steels, special alloys, as well as metallic and ceramic resistance materials for the most demanding industries. Its cutting-edge expertise is based on an integrated production platform and world-leading metallurgy and R&D. Operations are divided into four product areas: Tube, Strip, Wire and Heating Technology - and Primary Products.
Key performance areas
As the Maintenance Technician, you will work with others in an industrial production environment to effectively provide technical support and expertise in mechanical maintenance. Ability to maintain and repair all equipment and related systems. You will be responsible for preventative maintenance for all tube production equipment and the building, and you will also be responsible for developing and improving existing equipment. A key component of this role is communicating effectively with production operators, other maintenance staff, and management.
Maintenance Technician responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot and repair complex electrical systems, AC and DC motors and control circuits, operator interface terminals
- Change-out and installation of conduit, wiring, disconnects control boxes and circuits
- Change-out and installation of Mechanical equipment maintenance and installation including rigging, welding, mechanical setup, motor alignment, pumps, pneumatic/hydraulic cylinders and controls, gearboxes
- Assemble and repair tooling
- Operate a forklift and other common manufacturing equipment
- Work at heights required to service Tube Building and equipment, and overhead cranes *up to 40’)
- Demonstrate competence at the journeyman level in metalworking, plumbing, electrical or other trades
The role will be on either 2nd or 3rd shift. All candidates for this position must agree to pursue certification to the PA Journeyman program.
The Maintenance Technician must possess previous industrial experience and possess a high school diploma or GED, with a trade school degree preferred. You have demonstrated competence in troubleshooting and diagnosis of a variety of complex electrical, electronic, and mechanical systems.
- Welding and/or fitting skills are a plus
- You have basic computer skills
- Work well in in a team environment
- Show a high level of initiative
- Possess ability to work any shift and be available for emergency call and work when required
Candidates must agree to successfully complete Journeyman Certification in accordance with the Certified Apprenticeship Program which includes a combination of on-the-job training (OJT) and theoretical instruction. A minimum of 2000 hours per year of OJT and 144 hours per year self-study must be completed. Time spent on self-studies is not to be considered hours of work, nor will wages be paid, except when required during regular work hours. A total of 8000 hours of OJT and 576 hours of self-study (approximately 4 years) is required to complete the program. Credit may be granted for previous experience up to one half of the requirement each for OJT and self-study.
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package of life, health and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, and a 401(k)-retirement savings plan. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
How to Apply
For consideration, please apply online at www.home.sandvik/career.com for the Maintenance Technician position, JOB Req. ID R0033546
Sandvik is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process should contact Human Resources at HRSMT.US@sandvik.com. Sandvik also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with its obligations under the law.
Deadline Not set