Sandvik ClikLoc™ connector
Sandvik ClikLoc™ is a bayonet type, stab-in, self-centering connector combining hook-up time savings with increased operating safety in riser applications within oil and gas exploration and production.
With Sandvik ClikLoc™ connector make and break times can be reduced by at least 80%. Since no loose components or make-up tools are involved the hazards of falling objects are eliminated.
Sandvik ClikLoc™ connector is designed and manufactured in accordance with ISO 13628-7 and DNV certified for completion and workover riser systems. Read more about the design of Sandvik ClikLoc™ connector
Typical applications for Sandvik ClikLoc™ connector are:
- Coil tubing stack-up risers
- Flow head connections
- Lubricator towers
- Kill and choke lines
- Mud lines
- Replacement of hammer union nuts
Features and advantages of Sandvik ClikLoc™ connector
The innovative time/cost savings and safety features of the Sandvik ClikLoc™ connector surpass all other designs and operational systems currently available within the global oil and gas industry. Features and advantages include:
Bayonet type, stab-in, self-centering coupling
- No rotation of the riser during set up
Metal to metal seal
- Needs very low pretension, the weight of the riser joint is sufficient, and the seal is guaranteed when locked.
- The seal is reusable allowing multiple make and breaks.
Made of super-duplex stainless steel Sandvik SAF 2507®
- Suitable for sour and standard service.
- Operates at temperatures up to 121°C (250°F) and pressures up to 10,000 psi.
Connector body made using hot isostatic pressing (HIP)
- Properties that are equal in all directions (isotropic properties).